You can use CodeSignal and Greenhouse together to both send candidates coding assessments and receive the scores in Greenhouse. To implement this integration, you need to authorize CodeSignal to use your Greenhouse account.
The Greenhouse integration with CodeSignal only needs to be completed by ONE user from your company.
- You must be logged in to your CodeSignal account.
- You must have a CodeSignal user type of Admin.
- You must be logged in to your Greenhouse account.
- You must have developer permissions on Greenhouse (specifically, "Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials")
Login to your CodeSignal account
1. Choose Integrations from your account dropdown in the upper right corner of your dashboard.
2. Click Integrate next to the option for Greenhouse.
This opens the Greenhouse Harvest modal.
Harvest API Key
3. Click the API Configuration Page link to access the API Credentials page on Greenhouse.
4. On the Greenhouse API Credentials page, click the Create New API Key button.
5. Add a descriptive name like “CodeSignal” in the Description field, and select Harvest from the Type drop-down menu. Click Create.
6. On the Manage API Key Permissions page, select the following permissions. Then click Update.
>> DELETE: Delete Application
>> GET: Retrieve Application
>> GET: List Applications
>> DELETE: Delete Candidate
>> GET: Retrieve Candidate
>> GET: List Candidates
- Job Stages
>> GET: Retrieve Job Stage
>> GET: List Job Stages
>> GET: Retrieve Job
>> GET: List Jobs
>> PATCH: Update Job
>> POST: Create a new job
>> GET: List Users
7. Scroll down the list to find your newly created API key. Click Copy to copy it to your clipboard.
8. Go back to the CodeSignal tab and paste your new API key into the Harvest API Key field of the Greenhouse Harvest modal. Click Save.
9. Fill in the appropriate Greenhouse subdomain for your account. As mentioned in the modal, it will be either app, app2 or [yourcompany].
10. Under the Webhooks section, download our CodeSignal Chrome Extension and then click the Webhooks page link.
11. The CodeSignal Chrome Extension will pop up on the right side of the page. Click Create All.
12. Once you see the success message, click Back to CodeSignal.
13. Click on the ASSESSMENT API tab to continue.
Click Copy to copy the pre-populated CodeSignal Assessment API Key to your clipboard.
Note: You need to give this key to your Greenhouse account manager. Start by emailing [email protected] to open a ticket. The Greenhouse support team will send you a SendSafely link so that you can send the API key in an encrypted format. Once the Greenhouse support team has uploaded this key to your Greenhouse account, CodeSignal Test will be one of the available options when you're creating an interview plan in Greenhouse.
14. Under Certify Default Senders, specify a team member as the default sender for each of your certified assessments. This is the individual on whose behalf we will specify the assessment is from in the email invitation.
- This only applies to candidates who receive an email invitation to take the test directly from CodeSignal or the candidate profile in Greenhouse.
- The individual’s email address will NOT be listed in the email invitation.
15. Click Done. Set up in CodeSignal is now complete!
16. In Greenhouse, you will now be able to add the CodeSignal Test stage to the interview plans of your choice. Select a job and click on "Job Setup." Scroll down to Interview Plan and click "Edit."
Click "Add Stage" and select CodeSignal Test. Click "Add" to incorporate sending a CodeSignal Test to your interview plan.
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated your Greenhouse account and your CodeSignal account.