Note: Currently, the only type of tasks that you can create yourself in CodeSignal are algorithmic single-function tasks, free-form coding tasks and free-form frontend tasks. The CodeSignal team has to create tasks of any other type. If you'd like to make a different type of task (frontend, user interface, DevOps, database, or quizzes) to use in Test and Interview, contact your Customer Success Manager with your idea and our team will assess feasibility.
I. Create An Algorithmic Single Function Task
1. Go to your profile menu in the upper right side of the screen and choose View Tasks. You will be taken to your task library.
2. Click on the ALL TASKS tab and select Create New.
3. You will be taken to a page where you can add a title and a description for your task, as well as descriptions of what the input(s) will be and what the output should be.
4. On the lower right side of the screen, under Tests, click on ADD TEST add at least three test cases with which to evaluate the submitted code.
On the upper right side of the screen, under Code, the system generates a starter code snippet that contains the desired function name and the name of the input(s).
5. Once you’re done creating the task, click Save. Your task will be available to use.
II. Create A Free-Form Task
Free-Form Coding tasks and Free-Form Frontend tasks can be created from CodeSignal Interview.
2. Click ENTER to access your Pending interview session.
3. At the bottom of the screen, click +NEW to create a new task.
4. Select either "Free-Form Coding" or "Free-Form Frontend" and enter a name and description. Press "Post" when you are done to save the task and be able to search for it by Title in your task library later.
Questions? Email [email protected].